We all know the benefits of yoga, how it has helped humans to heal internally and develop spiritually since ages. The practice of yoga has evolved in ancient India and now has reached to each and every corner of the world. People prefer yoga more over heavy weight gymming. It is easier in terms of infrastructure wise and doesn’t require modern day gym equipments, can be done in isolation in any corner of the house. You just need to choose the right asanas depending upon your body requirement. Yoga along with meditation is a good combination for your body and soul.
Yoga for a new mother
Yoga has a lot of benefits, if followed religiously. The simple asanas can do wonders and cure many ailments. In yoga, even the internal muscles are stretched, giving your body a soothing and relaxed feeling. A new mother goes through a lot of emotional turmoil and also her body changes a lot due to child birth. Yoga, could be one of the best practices for a new mother to overcome the postnatal phase.
Benefits of yoga:
- It boosts your energy level —which you definitely need, to look after your child.
- Helps to normalise weight.
- Strengthens and tightens loose belly fat.
- Helps in controlling postpartum hormones.
- Increases brain activity and sharpens memory.
- Improves skin and hair texture— we all want to look good, don’t we?
- Fixes body posture.
- Add strength to joints and spine— How your kids want to hold all the time.
- Helps your brain to calm and be patient—Remember how a new mother needs to be more patients while handling kids.
- Improves sleep.
- Controls blood pressure.
When to start Yoga after childbirth— Usually the doctors advice a rest period of six weeks after delivery, before you start exercising, but the pelvic floor and leg stretching can be done a week after you deliver. Before starting, one should always take an advice from her doctor and then you are good to go.
It is advisable to start yoga under a yoga practitioner or trainer if you haven’t done it before, once you learn the asanas you can do it yourself.
Here are the few asanas to start with:
- Warrior posture
- Child’s posture
- Cat and cow posture
- Camel posture
- Bridge posture
- Superman posture
These asanas, if practiced regularly along with 15 minutes of meditation will surely make your life more healthy and focused.